You have to have a solid roof over your head if you want to keep your house safe from storms and weather damage. Unexpected disasters and storms often cause for roof emergencies which leads to repairs. How will you prepare yourself to face a roofing emergency?
It is common for heavy storms and winds to cause nearby tree branches or trees to fall on roofs causing damages from time to time. No idea what to do? Keep local roofers and nearby roofing companies contact details in your records. Make immediate contact with the roof repair contractors and make sure they attend to the immediate repairs. Once the roof repair is done properly, you can claim insurance for the repairs with the help of your roofing contractor.
Measures to take in an emergency roofing incident.
Don’t try to walk or attempt to find damages when a disaster hits the roof of your home. Instead of panicking call your local roofing professionals for immediate help. Roofing contractors will carry out their inspections and assess the extent of damages to the roof and will take prompt actions to prevent further harm or damage to the roofing and structures. The damages are repaired by the emergency team of roofing professionals and help you by repairing cracks, damaged gutters, and replacing damaged roof shingles. We advise calling your roofing contractor to do an extensive inspection once the weather has calmed down. Make plans for permanent roof repair and replacements as per the advice from the roofing contractors to avoid further trouble with your roof.
Things to remember on a roofing emergency.
These are the guidelines to be taken while a roofing emergency happens:
- Do not try to walk on the roof or structure to find out the damages as a damaged roof is in bad shape. Let roofing professionals do an inspection on your roofing damages.
- Breakage from roof spoils the interior of home creating more damages. So cover your home interior using a plastic sheet to protect your interiors from damages and further leaks.
- You should have a look at your roof from the ground only on the possible damages caused to the roof.
Common causes of roofing emergencies.
Roofing emergencies are common during the natural calamities or even may happen due to extreme weather conditions also.
The common possible damages that may occur are as follows:
- Blowing shingles off the roof of the roofing structure in heavy stormy winds.
- Tree branches sliding and dropping on the roof.
- Fire inside or outside of the home.
- Rodents making holes in the roof to make their way inside.
- Natural wear and delay in maintenance causing unexpected damages.
- Snow falls and its removal may cause damage.
- Improper roofing installation methods.
- Missing flashing at roof joints, including around chimneys, vent stacks.
- Unnoticed decaying of roofing structures.